UGC NET 2023: Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility
UGC NET 2023: Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility
UGC NET 2023 Application Form will be released from the 2nd week of February 2023 through online mode. University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national level eligibility test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) twice in the year. The test will be conducted for determining the eligibility of candidates for the post of ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges. Through this article, we will provide the complete information along with the authentic updates on the UGC NET 2023.
UGC NET 2023 Exam Dates
Here are the complete UGC NET exam dates for 2023 examination:
|Events||Dates 2023 June session|
|Commencement of Registration process||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date of submission||Last week of March 2023|
|Correction window opens||1st week of April 2023|
|Availability of Admit card||2rd week of May 2023|
|UGC NET Exam Date 2023||1st week of June 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||2nd week of June 2023|
|Announcement of Results||4th week of June 2023|
Application Form UGC NET 2023
Following are the complete details candidates need to know regarding the UGC NET 2023 application form:
- The Application form will be released through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application from the second week of February 2023.
- The details filled by the candidates in the application form should be same as it appears in their 10thmark sheet, any alteration in the details can cause rejection of application form.
- Candidates must fill the application forms as per the given instruction in the information brochure.
- The application form must be filled before the last date of submission as no candidates will be allowed to submit the application form after the prescribed date.
- The last date of submission of application form will be in last week of March 2023.
- Candidates are advised to keep the printout of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
How to Apply for UGC NET Exam?
- Step 1: Go to the NTA’s official website.
- Step 2: Click the “Register Here” option on the homepage.
- Step 3: Complete the form by entering your name, phone number, email address, Aadhar number, and so on.
- Step 4: Enter the provided OTP at the registered phone number and email address to log in.
- Step 5: Fill out the remaining educational and requested data to finish the process.
- Step 6: Upload your passport-sized photo and your signature in a jpg file.
- Step 7: Double-check all the information on the UGC NET application form before submitting it.
- Step 8: Pay the application cost by your category.
- Step 9: A confirmation page will show up on your computer screen when the payment has been made.
- Step 10: Take a printout of it in Step 10 and store it safely for later use.
UGC NET 2023 Application form fee can be submitted through online mode only. Candidates can use Net Banking Debit Card / Credit Card / UPI / E-Wallet for transaction of the application fee:
The application form fee for every category of candidate will be as follows:
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|UR/ General candidates||1000|
|General –EWS/ OBC – NCL candidates||500|
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender candidates||250|
Application Correction Window
The correction facility will be provided by the NTA for every registered candidate individually. Candidates will be able to rectify their mistakes within the given period of correction facility.
The correction window will be opened from the 1st week of April 2023 through online mode. Candidates will have to complete the correction before the last date of correction.
UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete eligibility norms for the UGC NET 2023 Examination:
- Qualification: Candidates must have a master’s degree in relevant subject from any recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates should has scored atleast 55% marks (50% marks as OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Third gender) without roundoff.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination or whose result is still awaited can also apply for the UGC NET Exam.
- For JRF, candidates age must not be more than 31 Years and 5 years relaxation will be offered for the reserved candidates.
- There won’t be any maximum age limit for the Assistant Professor.
UGC NET 2023 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete exam pattern for the UGC NET 2023 Examination:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted in CBT (Computer Based Test /Online) mode.
- Language: The language of question paper will be as per the selected by the candidates from Hindi and English.
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers in the examination.
- Type of Questions: Question paper will consist of multiple choice, objective type of questions.
- Time Duration: The time duration for the exam will be 3 hours.
- Questions: There will be total of 150 questions in the paper.
- Marks: Question paper will be of total 300 marks
- Marking Pattern: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the paper.
The complete pattern for the question paper will be as follows:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions|
|Total||300 marks||150 questions|
UGC NET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for every course will be different and will be based on the related UG and PG academic year. Candidates will be able to check the complete syllabus from the information bulletin of UGC NET 2023.
Students have to check the NTA website to know complete UGC NET Syllabus online on the website.
Here are some effective tips and tricks for better preparation of the examination:
- Go through the complete syllabus and exam pattern.
- Make a balanced time schedule and follow it strictly.
- Participate in the mock test.
- Solve the previous year’s and sample papers of UGC NET.
- Make the short notes and revise them.
UGC NET Reservation Policy
The UGC NET is subject to the Government of India’s reservation policy as well. According to the reservation policy, 10% of seats are set aside in Central Universities and Institutions that are considered to be Universities for the General-Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS), 15% are set aside for the Scheduled Caste (SC) category, 7.5% are set aside for the Scheduled Tribe (ST), and 27% are set aside for the Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non Creamy layer (OBC-NCL).
According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act of 2016 (RPwD Act, 2016), each category has 4 (four%) horizontal reservations for PwDs (source-Press Release by UGC).
UGC NET Admit Card 2023
On the official website, the NTA UGC NET admit card 2023 will be made available. The steps listed below can be used by candidates to download their admission cards:
- Visit ugcnet.nta.nic.in to see the official website.
- To download your admit card click the appropriate link.
- Use the “Application Number,” “Date of Birth,” and “Security Pin” to log in.
- Download the UGC NET 2023 admit card.
- Take a printout of it for your future reference.
Frequently Asked Question – UGC NET
The registration process for UGC NET 2023 will be start from the 2nd week of February 2023
Answer: No, there won’t be any negative marking in the examination.
3 hours will be allotted to the candidates for solving the question papers.
- Home minister Shah e-inaugurates Mata Sharda Devi temple near LoC in Kupwara
- As strong tremors shake hospital, doctors perform surgery in Anantnag
- Pakistan stays away from SCO conference after Indian side objects to incorrect map
- BSF Fires At Pakistani Drone Along IB In J&K’s Samba
- Mainly dry weather forecast today, rain on March 24-25 in J&K