The UGC NET 2022 exam pattern describes the design of the examination paper. The exam pattern usually includes the number of questions, the types of questions (subjective or objective), the number of categories, the marks allocated to each category, the total number of marks, the method of assessment, the language of the paper, time duration, etc. The exam pattern also consists a marking system defined by the relevant authority.
Check the Official Website www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in
Highlights of UGC NET Exam Pattern:
Candidates are advised to go through the details below for clear understanding.
- Tests are performed in Computer-based mode.
- The test consists of two papers and both papers will have objective type questions.
- The paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form. Students can choose Hindi or English.
- The duration of Paper I is 1 hour.
|Test Duration for Paper 1||1 hour|
|Test Duration for Paper 2||2 hours|
|Number of Sessions||2|
|Total Number of Questions in Paper 1||50|
|Total Number of Questions in Paper 2||100|
|Total Number of Marks in Paper 1||100|
|Total Number of Marks in Paper 2||200|
|Each Question Carries||2 marks|
|Marks Deducted for Each Incorrect Question||0|
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper I & II
- Paper-I is a natural, intended to test the teaching / research ability of a person to be written. It is primarily designed to test the ability to think, to comprehend, to think differently and to have a general awareness of what is being written. The paper contains 50 compulsory objective questions.
- Page II contains 100 objective type questions, based on the candidate’s selected topic.
Type of Questions in UGC NET December 2022
UGC NET 2022 will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Students will need to choose the correct answer among the available options for each question. Responding to all MCQs has been issued to compulsory for trial managers.
Topic wise Number of MCQ in UGC NET 2022 Paper 1
|Sections||Number of MCQs|
|Reasoning (Including Mathematics)||5|
|Information and Communication Technology (ICT)||5|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration||5|
|People and Environment||5|
UGC NET Marking Scheme
- Each correct answer has 2 marks.
- there is no negative marking.