National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2022 is an initiative by the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar, and the University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai for Class 12 appearing and pass out students. The aim of this test is to support talented students to study at prestigious institutes. The selected students will receive admission to 5 years integrated M.Sc. program 2021-26 at NISER Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai with various other benefits.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be born on or after 1st August 2002*
- Have passed Class 12 board examination or equivalent in the science stream in the year 2020 or 2021
- OR have appeared in 2022 from any recognized Higher Secondary Education Board in India
- Have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent in the Class 12 board examination
- Have secured a position in the NEST merit list
- For SC/ST/Divyangjan candidates, the age limit is relaxed by five years and the aggregate marks requirement is 55% marks.
- For detailed information, kindly go through ‘Scheme Details’.
The selected students will receive the following benefits –
- Admission to 5 years integrated M.Sc program at NISER Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai
- An annual scholarship of INR 60,000 through DISHA program of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India
- An additional grant of INR 20,000 per annum for the summer internship
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Class 10 marksheet/report card/certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on Online Application.
Step 3: Fill in the required details and clock on ‘Register’.
Step 4: After successful registration, log in using the credentials sent in the registered email ID.
Step5: Fill in the application form carefully and upload the necessary documents.
Step 6: Pay the online application fee through a debit card/credit card and submit the application.
Note – For detailed information, kindly go through the ‘Application Procedure Guide
Applications Starting Date: 21st of February 2022
Applications Deadline: 18th of May 2022 (midnight)
Admit Card Availability – 6th of June 2022
Date of Examination – 18th of June 2022
Announcement of Results on NEST Website – 5th of July 2022
The selection will be based on the applicant’s performance in the NEST 2022 examination.
Terms and Conditions
- Admit cards will NOT be dispatched to any applicant. Applicants must download their admit cards from the NEST website (after login). The download link will be available only till the day of the examination.
- The phone number that is provided during the application should be accessible by the candidate.
- NEST office uses this phone number to reach a candidate whenever necessary.
- Any dispute arising out of or related to the NEST 2022 examination shall be subject to Mumbai jurisdiction.
- The NEST examination will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- The test will be conducted across 90 cities and towns of the country.
- The test contains 5 sections of multiple-choice questions. While the first section (general) is 30 marks, the remaining four sections (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics) are 50 marks each.
- Applications incomplete in any respect will not be accepted.
Note – For detailed information, kindly go through ‘Scheme Details’.