AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2022: Application Form, Eligibility, Scholarship Amount
AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2022: The All India Council for Technical Education announced beneficial scholarships for girls pursuing Technical Education. The main purpose of the scheme is Women’s Empowerment by providing them financial assistance. This scheme is of two types, Degree and Diploma, indicating the kind of course taken up by the girl candidate. This is a noble step to satisfy the cause “Empowering Women through Technical Education”. The girls who will be eligible for the scheme will receive Rs. 50,000 annually to support their educational expenditures. To know more about the scheme’s application form, eligibility, scholarship amount, and more, read the article given below.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2022
The AICTE or All India Council for Technical Education is a Technical Education Council under the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Education in India. It deals with the management of Technical Education in the country and strives in direction of its development of it. The AICTE has been working for the betterment of students who wish to pursue Technical learning and with the same spirit, it is inviting applications for the Pragati Scholarship in the year 2022. This scholarship attempts to provide economic help to the girl candidates. It supports higher education in both ways, through Diplomas and Degrees. 5,000 are distributed every year to girl students pursuing Diploma courses of the amount of Rs. 50,000 per year and similarly 5,000 scholarships for Degree Courses.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2022: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||AICTE Pragati Scholarship|
|Authority||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Aim||To provide financial assistance to girls pursuing higher education in Technical Fields|
|Beneficiaries||Girls studying Technical Diploma or Degree Courses|
|Number of Scholarships||10,000 (5,000 each for Diploma and Degree Courses)|
|Amount||Rs. 50,000 per year|
|Last Date to Register||31 October 2022|
|Defective and Institute Verification||15 November 2022|
Scholarship Amount of AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2022
The Scholarship Amount for both Degree courses and Diploma courses has been set at Rs. 50,000. This amount will be disbursed in an annual manner into the accounts of the beneficiaries. The Degree course candidates will receive the amount for 4 years if they applied while in the First Year while the Second Year students will get the amount for 3 years. The Diploma course Students will get the amount for 3 years if they apply while they are in the first year, and for 2 years if they are in the second year. The amount will be transferred directly into the bank account of the beneficiary through a Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) method. The bank account details will be recorded from the registration form.
Number of Pragati Scholarships
A total of 10,000 scholarships will be awarded under the scheme of the AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2022. 5,000 of these will be awarded to students in Diploma courses and the rest 5,000 to students in Degree courses. However, if there are any vacant scholarships for any of the courses, the slots will be automatically transferred to the other course. In any case, the authorities aim at benefitting 10,000 girls students every year. In addition to the 5,000 scholarships, the candidates who will apply from the 13 Union Territories and the North Eastern States will be awarded by the AICTE directly. The following will be covered by the All India Council for Technical Education are:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Arunachal Pradesh
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria need to be observed before filling out the application form:
- Only girl candidates are allowed to apply for this scholarship.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The family income must not exceed Rs. 8,00,000 per annum from all sources.
- Only two girls per family are allowed to apply for this scholarship.
- The girl must be studying a Degree or Diploma course as recognised by AICTE.
- Only first-year and second-year candidates are allowed to receive benefits under this scholarship scheme.
- The candidate must not be receiving any other scholarships or incentives aided by the Government of India.
- The candidate must not have dropped more than two years between senior secondary education and graduation.
- If a candidate fails in the preceding year, of the course, she will be ineligible or the scholarship will be accordingly terminated.
Documents required for Pragati Scholarship
The following documents have to be uploaded by the candidates while filling out the application form for the scholarship:
- Secondary School Certificate or 10th certificate and the mark sheet.
- High School Certificate or 12th certificate and the mark sheet.
- ITI certificate in case of diploma courses and mark sheet.
- Diploma certificate in case of the degree course and mark sheet.
- If applicable, Caste Certificate.
- Study or Bonafide Certificate.
- Annual Income Certificate of the family of the candidate.
- Declaration from the Parents.
- Promotion Certificate in case of renewal.
Application Procedure of AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2022
The candidates will have to apply for the scholarship online on the National Scholarship Portal. NSP is a common platform to provide information about all the Government scholarship schemes. The candidates have to register on the portal and then log in to apply for the scholarship. Already registered candidates can directly sign in to apply for the scholarships. The last date to register for this scholarship is 31 October 2022. The following steps have to be followed in order to register for the scholarship:
- Open the website of the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in.
- On the home page, click on “Login to Apply”.
- A login form will open up asking for login credentials so as to apply for new scholarships.
- Enter the Application ID, Password and the Captcha Code.
- Click on “Login”.
- Click on “Apply for AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2022”.
- The application form will open up. Enter all the important details marked with “*”.
- Upload all the documents in form of virtual files in the mentioned sizes.
- Review the application before submission since the candidates will not be allowed to make corrections and incomplete or incorrect applications will be automatically rejected.
- Click on “Submit”.